Beauty on A Budget! 5 Below Smoke & Mirrors Mermaid Glow Stick & Lip Gloss Review

September 28, 2017

Hey badass beauties!
I recently went to 5 Below with my boyfriend and as always, I checked out their makeup section.  I don't have a 5 Below where I live, so it's nice going shopping there whenever I'm staying with him. They have a wide arrange of products other than beauty as well, and the entire store is $5 & under(hence the name). Their makeup selection is a nice size and includes nail polish, contour kits, eyeshadow palettes, mascara, eyeliner, lipsticks, highlighters, & more! It's a real treasure, if you have a store near you. They also have a website where you can order online if there's not a store near you!
The two main products that caught my eye were the Smoke & Mirrors Mermaid Face and Body Glow Stick($3) & the Mermaid 5 piece Iridescent Lip Gloss set($5). I apologize but I cannot find the glow stick on their website.



I had never heard of the brand Smoke & Mirrors until I stumbled across these products in the store, but they were so beautiful I had to take the chance and buy them, and I was not disappointed.


The glow stick really reminds me of Milk Beauty's holographic stick. Perhaps it's a dupe? I cannot confirm this, as I unfortunately do not own the Milk holo stick.


I couldn't wait to use this, so it has been used in the photos above.

Unblended swatch.

Blended. Look at that iridescent blue glow!


Now onto the five iridescent lip gloss toppers. 

Without Flash

With Flash
These lip glosses are pretty sheer and hard to see on their own, so you'll have to try and build them up if you're wanting a lot of coverage on bare lips. A lot of the colors look very similar; however if you use them as a top coat over a lipstick the color really begins to pop, so I've included some swatches over a black matte lipstick.


From left to right: white, peach, pink, blue, & purple.

As you can see, the first three look extremely similar. They are in the order that they are in the box, so as you can see the white one does not look white, the peach one doesn't look all that peachy, the pink one looks more purple, the blue one looks green, and the purple one looks blue... SO CONFUSING. 
However considering it was 5 lip glosses for $5, I do think these are worth the money spent. 

For the price of both the highlighter & lip glosses, I believe these are a good addition to your collection! Besides, they're iridescent and sparkly, so that's always a plus.

I hope you all enjoyed this review. Do you have a Five Below near you? Have you tried any of their makeup? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
As always thanks so much for reading!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good MORNING my Beanca Covell I wish shopping at 5 below store and I ran across your products week before Valentine's Day I purchased your lip gloss your lipsticks dealer lip sparkles I truly truly truly truly love them I have been to 6 stores 5 below they do not have any of them can you please send me locations where yours products is a love them in the people that I gave gifts to love them too We all still Trying to find them.. "302 west Lorraine Avenue Baltimore md 21211"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have similar lip glosses like the ones I posted at my local Five Below right now. I live in Georgia so I'm not sure if all Five Below locations sell similar items but I know the last time I went in there(a few weeks ago) they had them in stock. I hope you're able to find them!

      Delete