Wet N' Wild Midnight Mermaid Metallic Liquid Eyeshadows First Impressions

September 27, 2017

Hey Badass Beauties!
I'm sure you've all heard of Wet N' Wild's coveted Midnight Mermaid Collection. Well, I finally ordered the Metallic Liquid Eyeshadows, because those are what caught my eye the most out of the collection. I bought three of the four, because there was one green shade that I just would have never actually worn. I purchased Moonlight Majesty, Aquatic Prism, & Mysterious Nights.

This is just a simple first impressions review & swatches, but I'll do a separate post whenever I actually use them on my eyes. I'm just so excited to finally have gotten my hands on these, as I have not been able to find them in stores anywhere here where I live!

Top to bottom: Moonlight Majesty, Aquatic Prism, Mysterious Nights.





I posted the two above photos to show the duochrome effects of these beauties! In the first photo the order is Aquatic Prism, Moonlight Majesty, then Mysterious Nights, and in the second photo is Moonlight Majesty & Aquatic Prism trade places to better show the effects and full color changes. Moonlight Majesty is a purple shade with orange-ish reflects, Aquatic Prism is a teal blue shade with purple reflects, and Mysterious Nights is a black shade with gold & silver reflects. SO. STUNNING. Seriously guys, these pictures don't even do the actual colors justice.

Swatches of Mysterious Nights, Aquatic Prism, & Moonlight Majesty.

Let me start off by saying these dry down beautifully! I was a bit worried they weren't going to dry completely, but they totally did & even with me rubbing them didn't make them budge. Some are a bit streaky when applying, but they are extremely easy to build up. There is some fall out, because there's just so much glitter. You can't even feel the glitter as you apply them though, that's how fine the glitter actually is(which is great!) In my opinion, you don't even need a base with these. That's how opaque they are. These performed well past my expectations.

There are two main reasons I really love Wet N' Wild: First, they are super affordable, but their quality is superb! Secondly, they are cruelty free & all of the Midnight Mermaid Collection is vegan except the red lipstick.
Since these are limited edition as a fall collection, I have one piece of advice for you.. Go. Buy. These. NOW. At least purchase one of them! A lot of people say the colors in this collection are too bold or dark, but if you're anything like me you'll easily be able to wear them all year round.

I also just purchased some of the items from the Fantasy Makers 2017 collection, so keep your eyes open for that very soon!

Have you purchased anything from the Midnight Mermaid Collection? What was your favorite item? I hope you guys enjoyed my first impressions review, I can't wait to do an actual eye look & share with all of you! As always thanks so much for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments