Smashbox x The Hoodwitch Crystalized Collection!

May 05, 2019

Hey beauties! I'm sure you all have seen or heard about the new eclectic, ethereal collection from Smashbox known as the Crystalized Collection. This is a collaboration with crystal guru Bri Luna, also known as The Hoodwitch on social media. Each product is infused with crystals to enhance your own magic! The whole collection revolves around crystals and their metaphysical properties, which is something I have always been a fan of. I've been collecting crystals ever since I was a little girl and still do to this day, so when I saw this collection was being released, my jaw dropped. This is my dream collection! I cannot even describe how insanely excited I was when I saw it in my local Ulta store the day it was released.
I actually won the collection from the insanely talented designer Jill Tomandl, & let me tell you, I could not believe it! She also threw in two foundations in the lightest shades(I'm ghost white lol) which was such a nice surprise because I've never tried Smashbox's foundations before! 


Is this not the most beautiful packaging you've ever seen? There are 16 pieces consisting of a crystalized highlighter($39), eyeshadow palette($29), liquid eyeshadows($24 each), lip glosses($19 each), primerizer($42), primer waters($32 each), & shimmer drops($25).  

Let's start off with what I assume is the most well known item from the collection, the highlighter. It is absolutely stunning, and honestly almost too pretty to use. It has a dazzling gemstone design and is called Opti-Mystic. It is a light peachy-pink iridescent shade that is inspired by Spirit Quartz, and can be worn as a sheer wash of color or built up for a more prominent glow. The formula is pretty unique, described as a powder-gel formula and once you get past that top layer, you really start to feel the gel! It's soft to the touch and so easy to blend out.





There are three glosses but I only have one of them to share with you, which is Practical Magic, a beautiful peachy-pink iridescent shade that is inspired by Pink Tourmaline. When you apply it, it's more of a clear gloss with multicolored glitter throughout. It pairs perfectly with the highlighter above. The other two glosses are Free Spirited which is a pink coral shade inspired by Fire Opal & Ya Heal Me which is a light purple with multicolored pearl inspired by Aura Amethyst. The formula of this gloss is incredible, not gritty whatsoever and it has insane shine!




Next up we have the shimmer drops in the shade Moonstoned, and let me tell you, it really does resemble moonstone! It has the most gorgeous shift of color and is insanely pigmented. The formula is nice and isn't too gritty, and it dries down quickly. Once it dries, it won't budge! In certain lighting it looks pink or blue, but when you use flash it looks green and yellow. It truly is a rainbow in a bottle. 




There are three primer waters, each is infused with diamond powder and fragrances inspired by rose quartz(Love Ritual), amethyst(Crystal Clarity), & black tourmaline(Aura Shield). Love Ritual has notes of Jasmine and Rose, Crystal Clarity has notes of Lavender & Sweet Orange, and Aura Shield has notes of Clary Sage & Tea. If you love the original Primer Water and love essential oils, you will love these! 



I also have the eyeshadow palette, which has the same beautiful crystal packaging as the highlighter and has 8 shades in it just like the rest of the Cover Shot palettes from Smashbox. Each shade in the palette is inspired by a different crystal, which I really love. There are two ultra foiled shades that are best applied with fingers. I haven't gotten to play around with it yet as I've been really sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection so I haven't really even worn makeup in around a week, but I'll make another post for it whenever I get the chance, or update this post!


There are six liquid shadows and I have five of them to share with you. Each shade is inspired by a different crystal, just like the palette. And the packaging!! Look at those crystal tops. Fun fact: they are modeled after a real crystal point! Shades from top to bottom: Bronzite Bruja(Bronzite), Mindful AF(Lapis Lazuli), Rhodonite Stand(Rhodonite), Dream Prism(Aura Amethyst), & That's Fire(Fire Opal). The one shade I don't have is called Rich Craft, which is an antique gold shade inspired by Pyrite. 




Each of the swatches have two swipes for full opacity. Some can be a tad patchy(especially the blue shade, Mindful AF) but when used on the eyes, they perform so much better! Swatches do not do them justice. Stila's glitter & glow shadows are my favorite liquid shadows and these aren't all that similar. They aren't packed with glitter like the Stila shadows, they're more shimmery. Which I don't mind! They're all so beautiful and very versatile.


I'm sure you all know of the original primerizer from Smashbox, well this is the same formula, just with rose quartz inspiration. It has a peachy iridescent sparkle to it and smells like sherbet! It has the exact same formula we all know and love, with that extra added glow.



Did you pick up anything from the collection? Are you on board with all of these crystal launches or are you completely over them? I will always be excited for new beauty launches including crystals. Let me know your thoughts below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments