My Top 3 Affordable Highlighters!

October 23, 2017

Hello my badass beauties!
I know it's been a while, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things! I apologize for being inactive as of lately. I haven't been feeling well at all. I've had an awful psoriasis flare and my lupus has been flaring up pretty badly as well, so I just haven't felt up to posting. I still feel pretty bad but I'm trying to keep myself distracted, so I figured it'd be a great time to post again!
I posted a preview of my top 3 favorite highlighters on my facebook page(go give it a like!) yesterday and promised I'd do a detailed blog post so here it is! All three have great color payoff & can either be as subtle as you'd like or built up for a more intense look.


Brands from left to right: Smoke & Mirrors, Wet N' Wild, NYX.


The first highlighter is by a brand I had never even heard of, but it is absolutely beautiful and the color payoff is intense! The best part? I purchased it at Five Below for only $3! The Mermaid Vibes Glow Stick is by a brand called Smoke & Mirrors.
I believe this beauty is a dupe of Milk Cosmetics Holographic Highlighting Stick. It has a strong iridescent shift from a neutral skin tone to a beautiful blue & pink depending on the light. I have mainly been applying it straight from the stick to my skin, because it seems to be the easiest way and it blends very well with a simple highlighting brush.

Smoke & Mirrors Mermaid Vibes Glow Stick


The next highlighter is Wet N' Wild's Megaglo Highlighting Powder in Royal Calyx. I have been dying to get my hands on this highlighter since I first laid eyes on it online, but I could never find it in stores. I finally found it in Wal-Mart at the beginning of October with their Halloween Fantasy Makers display so I snatched it up! It retails for $5 & is a beautiful sparkling lavender shade.

Wet N' Wild Royal Calyx


Last but not least is The Highlight Pro Single in Ice Queen by NYX Cosmetics. This beauty is a pearly pale white shade(perfect for my pale skin, which is why I picked it up in the first place!) You do have to build this up quite a bit if you have a very fair skin tone like I do, because it pretty much matches my skin tone. The more you layer it, the more prominent it does become and it gives a beautiful silvery-white sheen on the skin! It's simple, but so pretty.

NYX highlight & contour pro singles Ice Queen.


Did I mention they're all super affordable?!  If these prices along with swatches don't convince you to go out and purchase at least one of these right now, I don't know what will. I hope you all enjoyed this post. What are your top three affordable(or not so affordable) highlighters? Are you more on the subtle side or do you like dramatic looks like yours truly?! Let me know in the comments below! As always, thanks so much for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments